Thursday, March 21, 2013

Showing Up

Life lately has been - hectic, to say the least. As defined by Merriam-Webster:

hectic :: characterized by activity, excitement, or confusion

This hectic makes it easy to get caught up in emails, travel schedules, reports, clients, wedding planning, grad school, packing and, future plans. My life lately is often hectic enough with showing up to these roles that it can provide the chance to not show up in my more important roles as fiance, daughter, granddaughter or friend.

And, while my tendency is to want to be perfect at all of these things - I can't. But.. I sure can show up!

I can show up during my work time by doing my best.

I can show up during every moment I'm lucky enough to spend with Joe.

I'm lucky enough to get the choice to show up to everything I do & it doesn't have to be perfect.

This gold foil print from Emily Ley's amazing shop went on sale today and I had to snag it. This is so important to remember everyday - showing up with grace, doesn't require perfection!
And, I for one - need the reminder.


2 comments:

  1. This is such a great post! I have the same print waiting to hang up in my office. :) So glad you connected through instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! Congrats on the new business - would love to grab coffee sometime!

    ReplyDelete