Thursday, April 4, 2013

Wedding Update :: Dresses:Tasting:Music:Supplies

A wedding update is so unbelievably overdue!! 

We are down to 163 days until September 14th!! And, we are both so crazy excited!!


Joe and I have been working through so much planning and so many decisions - fairly smoothly, that it has been absent from my mind to blog about the details. But, for future memory - here are the details::


Dresses :: Two huge updates in regards to dresses! My dress, ordered in August, finally came in and is too big! Not clear how that occurred as I'm fairly sure I have lost nothing.. secretly thinking that the stylist ordered a size up to be safe.. either way, great news. Can't wait for alterations and to wear it on our big day! The second being that after such a fun weekend visiting the girls in Chicago, they've selected a dress too! 


Bridget & Jenna at House of Bride's Chicago

Music :: We decided to forgo the standard DJ and were lucky enough to book an extremely talented local band! This seems to be one of the things Joe is most excited about for the wedding. He's such an avid music lover and we are both so excited to have a more lively, classy tone for the evening. We found the band on an unexpected night out in Traverse City before we were even engaged!


meeting with the leader of the band


Tasting :: We spent my birthday afternoon tasting appetizers and entrees for the big day. The food - from Mission Table, is amazing!! The appetizers were such tasty, small bites, I'm really hoping I get to taste a few that day! The food was a large deciding factor for Joe and I in our choice of location. We wanted to feature well prepared, local eats that aren't run-of-the-mill-banquet-food. And, we got our wish!!




Supplies :: My Mom and I were able to spend an evening shopping together while I was downstate recently for work. And, after visiting Ikea, Home Goods & Hobby Lobby we are fairly set in terms of decor supplies. Early on in our planning I elected to try to keep things as clean, fresh & consistent as I could aesthetically. If you know me personally, you are aware of my absolute love of all things white. I'm also a big believer in letting the beauty of the interior and exterior space of a location speak for itself. The addition of details, flowers & candles is all our space requires and I can't stand having to wait to see how all the planning & hard work comes together!!




**apologies for the crazy formatting & text issues.. Blogger would not give me a break on this post! 

2 comments:

  1. Kristin, we are so excited. I love the blog and all the wonderful, newsy information. It's going to be such a great day. And gorgeous!!! Love love love the accessories in the basket.
    oxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! We're both so excited - can't believe it will all be here so soon!!

      Delete