Thursday, May 2, 2013

Wedding Update:: Papers

It's a chilly, yet sunny morning here in Northern Michigan and thankfully it is off on a productive start! I've been working early this morning to get actual work done before I head off to a fun day of 3 wedding meetings & lunch with a friend in Harbor Springs.

Joe and I were lucky enough to get the large aspects of our wedding booked fairly early AND painlessly for the most part - only leaving the ever so important details. I do have to admit that I was a bit naive to the efforts I would be putting into the details. Silly me mentally compared planning our wedding to my old corporate event planning process and; they. are. not. the. same!

One large detail currently in process are our formal invitations.

I'm so excited about these, you better believe I will be getting them framed! We are so lucky to be working with such a talented designer [& friend] - Erin of Erin Waineo Design and Simple&Me Custom Invitations.

Erin did a great job with our save the dates by keeping the future invitations in mind with the design elements. She selected fonts that could remain consistent on the invitations, used colors that could be "dressed up" and  honored my request for having an almost "logo" that could be utilized across a variety of printing.

As I developed ideas for the formal invitations, these are the elements I hoped to include::

grey & white colors

letterpress printing

enclosure ribbon

cards for extra events [rehearsal dinner, girls yoga, etc.]

Can't wait to share the final product!!

inspiration images via Pinterest




0 comments:

Post a Comment